Romaine Washington Liberty Mutual Insurance
Inglewood California's Kamasi Washington is one of the shining lights of Jazz music today as a bandleader, composer and saxophonist. We've played his music on Jazz 91.9 WCLK from the beginning, and we've checked out his mesmerizing live appearances when he comes through Atlanta. He is out with his second major release on Young Turks Recordings, a double cd/sided release called Heaven and Earth . This record further establishes his bona fides as heir to a Jazz Tradition that encompasses such...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
For the last five years The Local Take has brought fellows in the Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI) to speak with us about the program and their countries. Saturday morning at 8am on WCLK I spoke with three fellows from the Clark Atlanta University program: Jean Jacques Abe of Ivory Coast, Diana Dwanah of Liberia and Linda Alwedo of Uganda. Jean Jacques Abe launched a tech start-up for healthcare called AfrikaDoc.com. This platform allows citizens to find doctors and secure...
Latest News From NPR
- Feds Urge States To Encourage Cheaper Health Plans Off Insurance Exchanges
- A Day At The Beach Won't Be The Same After 'The World In A Grain'
- Nebraska Prepares To Carry Out First Execution Using Fentanyl
- Watch This Native Pollinator Build Her Bee-Jeweled Nest
- Petrol Girls' Raging Post-Hardcore Turns Tender For 'Sister'
- Italian Bridge Partially Collapses, Sending Vehicles Crashing Below
- 'Yes In My Backyard' Movement Grows As Bay Area Housing Tightens
- At Least 20 People Killed When Span Of Busy Highway Bridge Collapses In Italy
- Car Crashes Into A Traffic Barrier Outside U.K. Parliament
- 'His Favorites' Is An Artful Argument For #MeToo — And More