Steve Turre is one of the most prolific Jazz musicians going, with over 20 albums as a bandleader, with countless other performances on recordings, television and film going back to the early 1970s. Turre has brought his trombone to sessions for nearly everybody in Jazz. He has been a member of the Saturday Night Live Band for over 30 years. On his latest release The Very Thought Of You(Smoke Sessions Records) he covers the Great American Songbook, Charlie Parker, plays original songs and...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Saturday morning at 8am on The Local Take On WCLK we featured a discussion about the documentary Hope and Fury, MLK, The Movement and the Media . The NBC News and MSNBC documentary is available for viewing On Demand; the film is also being screened at venues across the country, including most recently at Clark Atlanta University We were joined by Ebonne Ruffins, VP with Comcast/NBC Universal. From Selma to Ferguson, Hope and Fury explores the relationship between protest movements and the...
Latest News From NPR
- Scientists Learn To Hear The 'Songs' Of Ice Shelves
- 'Times' Journalists Puncture Myth Of Trump As Self-Made Billionaire
- Eric Church Gets Introspective In A Stripped-Down 'Desperate Man'
- Senate Tracker: Kavanaugh Fallout Benefiting GOP Candidate Blackburn In Tennessee
- A Closer Look At U.S.-Saudi Arabia Financial Ties
- Boston Red Sox And Los Angeles Dodgers Close In On World Series
- They Call Her 'Queen Of Dung' — And She Doesn't Mind
- This Former Astronaut Wants Your Help To Take A 'Sky Selfie' Of Earth
- CDC Reports More Than 100 New Cases Of Polio-Like Condition
- 'In Pieces' Reveals Sally Field's Journey From Childhood Sexual Abuse To Acting Success