Romaine Washington Liberty Mutual Insurance
Atlanta's own Rhythm Jets are back with their fourth record called Rhythm Island on Infinity Jazz Records. Their Jazz and world beat inflected music leads with saxaphone and rhythm, led by tenor and alto sax man and leader Vance Kelly. The new record includes turns by Trammell Starks and John Patti, as well as a Carribbean arrangement of Michael Jackson's Human Nature .
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week The Local Take is talking sports. African-Americans are playing baseball less than they ever have. There are less than half as many black major leaguers than there were in 1981. I reached out to John Hollins of ATL Metro RBI to talk about how his organization is working in the community to change the game. John explains their name ATL Metro RBI , the RBI stands for Reviving Baseball in the Inner City. He shares his opinion on how we've come to the place. He explains that Baseball is...
Latest News From NPR
- In 'Severance,' The World Ends Not With A Bang, But A Memo
- PHOTOS: It's Hard To Grow Up — And Grow Old — In Honduras
- Imran Khan Is Sworn Into Office As Pakistan's New Prime Minister
- Aretha Franklin In Conversation With NPR's Michel Martin
- University Of Maryland Football Abuse Scandal And The Rights Of College Athletes
- Muslim Women Poised To Make Political History
- More Than 550 Separated Migrant Children Remain In U.S. Custody
- Security Clearances Under Threat In The Intelligence Community
- Former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan Remembered
- A Medieval Fantasy From 'The Simpsons' Creator Throws A Wench In The Works