Jazz Tones is your home for the latest and the greatest in straight ahead Jazz and African and Brazilian rhythms. Listen each Sunday afternoon from 3pm-7pm on Atlanta's Jazz Station 91.9 WCLK. Pianist Kevin Bales recently joined me on Jazz Tones. He is a pianist, teacher and composer. Kevin has performed with Wynton Marsalis, Louie Bellson, James Moody, Eddie Daniels, Marcus Printup and many others. He toured and recorded with vocalist René Marie for ten years. Kevin has performed at The...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Join me Saturday morning at 8am on Atlanta's Jazz Station 91.9 WCLK for community engagement on The Local Take as I talk with Dr. Maurice Hobson, professor of African-American studies at Georgia State University and author of The Legend of the Black Mecca: Politics and Class in the Making of Modern Atlanta.
Latest News From NPR
- DOJ, Asked About Census Confidentiality, Crafted Intentionally Vague Answer
- Colorado Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Killing Pregnant Wife And Daughters
- Ivanka Trump Used Personal Email For Government Business, Washington Post Says
- Airbnb Plans To Remove Listings In Israeli Settlements
- 4 Dead Including Officer, Gunman After Shooting At Chicago Hospital
- From TV To Movies, How Corruption Plays Out On Our Screens
- Why Trump Has Continued His Defense Of Saudi Crown Prince
- Former Title IX Official Outlines Changes To How Colleges Handle Sexual Assault Cases
- Recession Indicators, Pt 2
- Iranians Blame Trump And The Their Country's Government For Sanction Effects