Romaine Washington Liberty Mutual Insurance
Inglewood California's Kamasi Washington is one of the shining lights of Jazz music today as a bandleader, composer and saxophonist. We've played his music on Jazz 91.9 WCLK from the beginning, and we've checked out his mesmerizing live appearances when he comes through Atlanta. He is out with his second major release on Young Turks Recordings, a double cd/sided release called Heaven and Earth . This record further establishes his bona fides as heir to a Jazz Tradition that encompasses such...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
For the last five years The Local Take has brought fellows in the Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI) to speak with us about the program and their countries. Saturday morning at 8am on WCLK I spoke with three fellows from the Clark Atlanta University program: Jean Jacques Abe of Ivory Coast, Diana Dwanah of Liberia and Linda Alwedo of Uganda. Jean Jacques Abe launched a tech start-up for healthcare called AfrikaDoc.com. This platform allows citizens to find doctors and secure...
Latest News From NPR
- Beloved Baby Eaglet In D.C. Euthanized After Suffering West Nile Disease
- U.S. Military Aid To Egypt Gives A 'Green Light' To Repression, Say Rights Advocates
- Boxers Or Briefs? Experts Disagree Over Tight Underwear's Effect On Male Fertility
- Texas Judge Hears Case Brought By States That Want To End DACA
- Is There A Better Way To Fight Massive Wildfires?
- Immigration Lawyer Discusses Future Of DACA Program
- Explore 1 Of The World's Largest Collections Of Bird Eggs And Nests
- What 1 Journalist Learned From Researching The Causes Of The Opioid Epidemic
- Pregnancy Debate Revisited: To Induce Labor, Or Not?
- Trickle-Down Economics: Pricing H2O