Larry Willis, who worked across genres since the 1960’s, passed in October 2019. But he left a great body of work in the full length release I Fall In Love Too Easily on Highnote. Ironically, his final recording takes place at Rudy Van Gelder’s recording studio where he began his career. The studio is named after the famous sound engineer credited with creating the legendary Blue Note sound. This Modern Jazz release features the former Blood Sweat & Tears and Hugh Masekela pianist...
Latest News From NPR
- NCAA Says No Championships This Fall, Except Maybe Football
- CDC Director Warns This Fall Could Be The Worst Ever For Public Health
- Exclusive: After Quitting Last Year, Senior U.S. Intelligence Official Now Talks
- Governor Drops Lawsuit Against Atlanta Mayor Over Masks, But Fight May Not Be Over
- Fortnite Uses Apple's Own '1984' Ad Against It In Dispute Over Payments
- As Journalists Work From Home, Their Newsrooms Are Shutting Down
- DOJ: Yale Discriminates Against Asian American and White Applicants In Admissions
- COVID-19 Death Rate For Black Americans Twice That For Whites, New Report Says
- Mark Kozelek, Of Sun Kil Moon And Red House Painters, Accused Of Sexual Misconduct
- Department Of Justice Seizes Bitcoin, Websites From Terror Groups
WCLK Business Partner
Public Affairs Programming
Saturday morning at eight on WCLK's The Local Take, I'll talk with Ambassador Andrew Young about his friend Georgia 5th District Congressional Representative the Honorable John Lewis. To live in Atlanta is to walk in the footsteps of the giants who collectively pushed our country kicking and screaming towards the ideals that began this experiment in democracy. You can regularly run into these living legends at the businesses on Cascade.