Jeff Lorber's music has been featured on Atlanta's Jazz Station 91.9 WCLK from nearly our beginnings. His first release as Jeff Lorber Fusion came out in 1977, and he's been at it ever since. He's produced and played with most major figures in Contemporary Jazz. Whenever he comes through Atlanta he stops by WCLK to catch up. We're currently featuring Highline from his latest record Impact (Shanachie). The cut features Jimmy Haslip on bass, Andy Snitzker on tenor saxophone, Gary Novak on drums...
WCLK's The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on WCLK's The Local Take I speak with the Hammonds House Director Leatrice Ellzy about our "gem" of an art museum in West End. I ask Ellzy to share the history of the Hammonds House museum for those who may not know how it came into being. She speaks about Dr. O. T. Hammonds, who purchased the pre-civil war home on Peeples street and renovated it to support the home's Victorian origins. Dr. Hammonds possessed hundreds of artworks from the most prominent African-American artists of...
Latest News From NPR
- 'Into The Planet' Captures Cave Diving's Mortal Risks — And All lts Glory
- Fact Check: Did Harry Truman Really Try To Buy Greenland Back In The Day?
- No Link Between Fines And Safety In Mines, Government Audit Says
- A Confrontation With Music: Ivo Pogorelich's First Album In 21 Years
- Australia Joins U.S.-Led Maritime Force Protecting Persian Gulf Shipping
- Scientists Attempt Controversial Experiment To Edit DNA In Human Sperm Using CRISPR
- Trump's 'Disloyalty' Claim About Jewish Democrats Shows He Doesn't Get How They Vote
- In Vermont, A Case Of One Man Whose Gun Was Seized Under Red Flag Law
- Mental Health Toll Of Hurricane Maria Still Palpable In Puerto Rico
- Danish Parliament Member Reacts To Trump Wanting To Buy Greenland