Saxophonist Walter Chancellor, Jr.’s new single Steppin' Out (EARFONE RECORDS) is a lively tune perfect for the warmer weather. Chancellor, who hails from the Twin Cities, played with fellow Minneapolis musician The Artist Formerly Known As Prince during the double platinum Emancipation album. Walter has played with an A list of artists from Chaka Khan, to Candy Dulfer to Maceo Parker. Steppin' Out is not just a song title it could very well be a statement. You can hear this brand new song...
Latest News From NPR
- White House Restricts Travel From Brazil, Where Coronavirus Cases Near 350,000
- Cuomo Says New York Is Now 'Decidedly In The Reopening Phase'
- In Los Angeles, Relief And Caution As Locals Return To Venice Beach
- Hong Kong Police Fire Tear Gas As Thousands Protest Planned Security Law
- Scenes Of Isolation Amid Pandemic In The Vermont Countryside
- Tracking The Pandemic: How Quickly Is The Coronavirus Spreading State By State?
- Coronavirus World Map: Tracking The Spread Of The Outbreak
- Ilhan Omar On Her Memoir And Moving The Needle Toward Progressive Policies
- Teaching Kids To Hide From Gunfire: Safety Drills At Day Care And At Home
- PHOTOS: Brazilian Farmers Hatch A Plan To Send Healthy Food To The Favelas
Public Affairs Programming
This week on WCLK's The Local Take(Saturday mornings at 8am) we're talking to community members to collect their stories about life during the COVID-19 Pandemic. This morning my conversation with Randall Vaughn, owner of Classic Intown Barbershop which took place the week after the State of Georgia opened barber and beauty shops on April 24th. Randall Vaughn is a graduate of Morehouse College and after a stint in corporate America, he joined forces with his sister to open Classic Intown...