Pianist, Composer and Arranger John Beasley has released his third record with his MONK'estra, a big band augmented by some big Jazz names that takes on the canon of Thelonius Monk and others, as well as playing original compositions. On his latest release on Mack Avenue, MONK'estra Plays John Beasley , the MONK'estra is joined by players including Joey DeFrancesco, John Patitucci, Vinny Colaiuta and Hubert Laws as they play music from Monk, Charlie Parker and Duke Ellington. If you love...
WCLK BUSINESS MEMBERS
Latest News From NPR
- Republican Infighting Threatens GOP Chances In Georgia Senate Runoff
- A Black Friday With Masked Shoppers And Booming Online Sales
- 'World's Loneliest Elephant' Moving To Sanctuary, With Help From Cher
- 'Voters, Not Lawyers, Choose The President': Trump Team Dealt Another Blow In Court
- Pandemic Renews Debate Over Drivers Licenses for Undocumented Workers
- French Police Officers In Custody After Video Emerges Of Brutal Beating Of Black Man
- North Korea Executed Coronavirus Rule-Breaker, Says South Korean Intelligence
- Top Iranian Nuclear Scientist Killed In Attack
- Coronavirus World Map: Tracking The Spread Of The Outbreak
- Coronavirus Is Surging: How Severe Is Your State's Outbreak?
WCLK BUSINESS PARNTERS
Public Affairs Programming
This last Saturday before Thanksgiving, I reached out to Elisabeth Omilami, President and CEO of Hosea Helps about the organization's 50th year serving our community members experiencing food and home insecurity. Hosea Helps is a mainstay, and they do it all with donations from the community. Elisabeth shares that her Dad started feeding the hungry and homeless in 1970. He was on Auburn Avenue, the Black Wall Street of the Southeast, and a man was eating out of a trashcan. Omilami says that...