Atlanta's own Groove Centric is in rotation on Atlanta's Jazz Station 91.9 WCLK with their cut Get A Grip , from their self-released debut Crossing Bridges . Groove Centric is Mike Jones on saxophone, Keith Barnes on guitar, Joel Powell on bass, and Brien Andrews on drums.
WCLK's The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Saturday, January 18 at 8:00 a.m. on WCLK's The Local Take, you can listen to my conversation with Andrew Young on the 90th birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.. I joined the former mayor of the City of Atlanta at the Andrew Young Foundation offices located in downtown Atlanta. I asked him about the Civil Rights Movement and their work. While sharing a few statistics, he mentioned that those were challenging days, but he prefers to look at the good things that are continuing to happen. In...
Latest News From NPR
- Planned Attack On Muslim Community In Upstate New York Disrupted, Police Say
- Rivera, Halladay, Martinez, Mussina Elected To Baseball's Hall Of Fame
- FBI Agents Association Says Without Funding Important Investigations Are Stalled
- Killings Of Guatemala's Indigenous Activists Raise Specter Of Human Rights Crisis
- Biologists Test Promising Treatments For Bats Threatened By Fungal Disease
- Zimbabwe Government Cracks Down After People Protest Gasoline Prices
- Iranian Women Are Still Trying To Make Their Voices Heard In #MeToo Movement
- Kamala Harris Enters 2020 Race With Political Baggage From Her Time As Calif. A.G.
- Will He Or Won't He? The State Of This Year's State Of The Union Address
- Angry With NFL After No-Call, Saints Fans Resort To Lawsuits, Billboards