WCLK's The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Saturday morning at 8am on WCLK's The Local Take I spoke with artist, actor and author Masud Olufani about his exhibition at the Hammonds House T ranslocation and Transfiguration . I ask Olufani to share with us the idea behind the two words. He spoke to Translocation being about the human journey, specifically the movement of people including African brought to the United States. He talks about the fact that humans are always moving. Olufani then speaks about Transfiguration having bibilical...
Keith McKelley is a young artist on the move. Over the course of the last seven years he has accompanied, among others, Phillip Bailey, Logic, Usher, Tyrese, Marcus Johnson, Mark de Clive-Lowe and others, playing his soulful style of saxophone and aerophone. His latest release features Bob James, and is called Legend . You can hear it at various times on Atlanta's Jazz Station 91.9 WCLK, including during Serenade To The City with David C. Linton, Monday-Fridays 10pm-Midnight. https://youtu.be...
Latest News From NPR
- Impeachment Trial Recap
- Impeachment Trial Recap: Trump Lawyers Forge Ahead, Rejecting Bolton Relevance
- Encore: 'The Undefeated,' A New Picture Book, Celebrates Black Brilliance
- What Happened During The First Weekend Of The Sundance Film Festival
- Newly Democratic Virginia Legislature Hopes To Repeal Jim Crow-Era Laws
- The Potential Global Economic Impact Of The Wuhan Coronavirus
- White House Lawyers Resume Impeachment Defense As Trial Hits Week 2
- Supreme Court Allows Trump Administration Rule For Immigrants On Public Benefits
- Remembering Kobe Bryant — And The Shadow On His Legacy
- Remembering 'Kiwi Queen' Frieda Caplan, Who Expanded U.S. Supermarket Offerings