Steve Turre is one of the most prolific Jazz musicians going, with over 20 albums as a bandleader, with countless other performances on recordings, television and film going back to the early 1970s. Turre has brought his trombone to sessions for nearly everybody in Jazz. He has been a member of the Saturday Night Live Band for over 30 years. On his latest release The Very Thought Of You(Smoke Sessions Records) he covers the Great American Songbook, Charlie Parker, plays original songs and...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I speak with Jaisaan Lovett, the 2018 Valedictorian at University Preperatory Charter School for Young Men in Rochester, New York, who was denied an opportunity to deliver his speech at high school graduation by the school's founding Administrator, who never saw Jaisaan's speech(the administrator subsequently retired under pressure). As the first African-American valedictorian at the school Jaisaan was disappointed. He had interned with the mayor's office and they...
Latest News From NPR
- The Poppiest Song I've Loved In Years
- 'You Look Perfect:' Princess Eugenie Of York Marries In Another Royal Wedding
- No Wonder It Works So Well: There May Be Viagra In That Herbal Supplement
- Beyoncé Is The 21st Century's Master Of Leveling Up
- Turkish Court Orders Release Of Pastor Andrew Brunson
- Hurricane Michael Death Toll Rises To 11 As Southeast Reels From Storm's Power
- Vivek Maru: How Can We Make Legal Support Accessible To All?
- Brett Hennig: Should We Replace Politicians With Random Citizens?
- Steven Wise: If Chimpanzees Can Feel And Think, Should They Also Have Legal Rights?
- Robin Steinberg: How Can We End The Injustice Of Bail?