Steve Turre is one of the most prolific Jazz musicians going, with over 20 albums as a bandleader, with countless other performances on recordings, television and film going back to the early 1970s. Turre has brought his trombone to sessions for nearly everybody in Jazz. He has been a member of the Saturday Night Live Band for over 30 years. On his latest release The Very Thought Of You(Smoke Sessions Records) he covers the Great American Songbook, Charlie Parker, plays original songs and...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I speak with Jaisaan Lovett, the 2018 Valedictorian at University Preperatory Charter School for Young Men in Rochester, New York, who was denied an opportunity to deliver his speech at high school graduation by the school's founding Administrator, who never saw Jaisaan's speech(the administrator subsequently retired under pressure). As the first African-American valedictorian at the school Jaisaan was disappointed. He had interned with the mayor's office and they...
Latest News From NPR
- Feds Move To Take Paul Manafort's Trump Tower Condo
- Lawyer For Christine Blasey Ford Reacts To Senate Procedural Vote On Kavanaugh
- Family Of Hall Of Famer Junior Seau Settles With NFL
- Hamiet Bluiett, Giant Of The Baritone Sax, Has Died At 78
- In 'The Happy Prince,' A Writer And His Subject Converge
- Baseball's Epic, Ancient Rivalry Is Back As Yankees Take On Red Sox In ALDS
- Lack Of Equipment Has Slowed Recovery Efforts From Earthquake In Indonesia
- How The #MeToo Movement Has Evolved Since It Began 1 Year Ago
- Winners Of 2018 Nobel Peace Prize Recognized For Their Fight Against Sexual Violence
- How Will The Battle Over Kavanaugh's Nomination Impact The Other Justices?