Steve Turre is one of the most prolific Jazz musicians going, with over 20 albums as a bandleader, with countless other performances on recordings, television and film going back to the early 1970s. Turre has brought his trombone to sessions for nearly everybody in Jazz. He has been a member of the Saturday Night Live Band for over 30 years. On his latest release The Very Thought Of You(Smoke Sessions Records) he covers the Great American Songbook, Charlie Parker, plays original songs and...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I speak with Jaisaan Lovett, the 2018 Valedictorian at University Preperatory Charter School for Young Men in Rochester, New York, who was denied an opportunity to deliver his speech at high school graduation by the school's founding Administrator, who never saw Jaisaan's speech(the administrator subsequently retired under pressure). As the first African-American valedictorian at the school Jaisaan was disappointed. He had interned with the mayor's office and they...
Latest News From NPR
- Following Crash, All F-35s Temporarily Grounded For Inspections
- BONUS: Who Do You Let In?
- No Longer Daily, White House Press Briefings Fade As Trump Does The Talking
- For Sale! Certified Lunar Meteorite — Weight 12 Pounds — Mileage 250,000
- Does The New GOP Strategy Include 'Angry Mob' Talking Points?
- Congress Really Can Demand, And Get, Trump's Tax Returns. Here's How
- McConnell Warns Of 'Scary Prospect' If GOP Loses Senate Control In Midterms
- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Faces Increasing Scrutiny As Crises Mount
- Disappearance Of Journalist Jamal Khashoggi Is Straining U.S.-Saudi Arabia Relations
- Hurricane Michael Leaves Trail Of Destruction Along Florida Panhandle