Join me for Jazz Tones Sunday afternoon at 3pm on Atlanta's Jazz Station 91.9 WCLK as I'm joined by Award-Winning Vibraphonist-Percussionist Stefon Harris. We'll talk about his music and his new release Sonic Creed . Harris's discography includes eight releases and he was also a member of the SF Jazz Collective. His passionate artistry and energetic stage presence have propelled him into the forefront of the current straight ahead Jazz scene. Sonic Creed , on Motema Music, reflects African...
The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Join me Saturday morning at 8am for The Local Take on Atlanta's Jazz Station 91.9 WCLK as we engage with the community. In 2016 we first spoke with Dr. Kwesi deGraft-Hanson about The Weeping Time. This was the largest single sale of humans in American history, which took place in Savannah. Since then, Dr. deGraft-Hanson has hosted commemoration ceremonies in Atlanta and Savannah.
Latest News From NPR
- Nearly 180,000 Students Won't Have To Repay Loans From For-Profit Higher Ed Company
- Gavin Newsom Set To Succeed California Gov. Jerry Brown With A New Set Of Priorities
- Pennsylvania Makes A Case For Dairy With A Huge Butter Sculpture
- Number Of Migrant Deaths In Mediterranean Fell In 2018
- Judge Hands Setback To Conspiracy Theorist Corsi In His Suit Against DOJ
- Released From Prison Again, After Criminal Justice Reform Became Law
- 'Escape Room' Serves Up Bloodless Thrills And Pallid Puzzles
- Scientists Have 'Hacked Photosynthesis' In Search Of More Productive Crops
- People Across The Country Are Feeling The Effects Of The Partial Government Shutdown
- Study Shows Women Remain Underrepresented In The Director's Chair