South African Singer-Songwriter-Guitarist Jonathon Butler is familiar to Jazz 91.9 WCLK listeners. We've played his music for decades. In June 2016 he joined Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle at our Anniversary Benefit Concert At Cobb Energy Center. His latest release on Mack Avenue is Close To You, a re-interpretation of the music of Burt Bacharach. Jazz listeners in Atlanta and across the country have responded to Say A Little Prayer, feeling nostalgia and inspiration from Butler's take on a...
WCLK's The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Saturday morning at 8am on WCLK's The Local Take I will talk with Dr. Fahamu Pecou about his exhibition at the Michael C. Carlos Museum taking place now through April 28th. Dr. Pecou explains his background and how he went from a student who was focused on being an animator to becoming a renowned fine artist. He speaks about the differences in being a fine artist as opposed to a graphic artist. I ask him to share his advice for young people who desire to follow their art, but who receive push...
Latest News From NPR
- Police In Northern Ireland Seek Journalist's Killers
- California Parents Sentenced To Life In Prison After Years Of Torturing 12 Children
- 20 Years After The Columbine Shooting, Students And Staff Reflect On What Happened
- As Part Of Her Fight Against Anti-Semitism, One Woman Is Inviting Non-Jews To Seder
- Episode 907: Two Spring Indicators
- Yellow Vest Protesters Still Waiting For France's President To Respond To Demands
- Scientists At The National Hurricane Center Upgrade Hurricane Michael To Category 5
- Mueller Report Includes Descriptions Of White House Staffers Refusing Trump's Orders
- Republican Rep. Tom McClintock Discusses Mueller Report
- James Holzhauer Is Shattering Records In The World Of 'Jeopardy!'