California's Walter Beasley has recorded 25 albums over the years in a formidable music career. You've heard most of them on Jazz 91.9 WCLK. He's also a Professor at Berklee School of Music. His latest record on his own Affable Records label is called Going Home , and features collaborations with Clark Atlanta University's own Phil Davis, Derek Scott, Trey Gilbert, Will Downing and Derek Cannon. Atlanta's Jazz Station is currently featuring Beasley's single It's Alright , who's R&B...
WCLK's The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
This week on The Local Take I welcomed back Pamela Perkins-Carn, a community advocate who is involved with EMI-Georgia Network. I speak with her about this organization and their work specifically in our state to end the school/birth to prison pipeline. The End Mass Incarceration Georgia Network is an intentional association of faith communities, organizations and individuals formed to effect positive change in the area of juvenile and criminal justice.
Latest News From NPR
- Authorities Dismantle Transnational Cybercrime Group
- Texas Residents Sue Army Corps of Engineers For Flood Damage During Hurricane Harvey
- Former U.S. National Security Spokesman Says Trump Is Taking Precautions With Iran
- White House Spokesman Says Trump Wants To 'Attract Best And Brightest' To The U.S.
- Trump's New Immigration Proposal Lacks Support From Key Congress Members
- I.M. Pei, Architect Of Some Of The World's Most Iconic Structures, Dies At 102
- Busy Philipps' #YouKnowMe Protest Prompts Thousands Of Emotional Abortion Stories
- Trump Administration Cancels Nearly $1 Billion In California High Speed Rail Funding
- Former NRA Staff Outraged Over Allegations Of CEO's Financial Misconduct
- Trump Wants More Merit-Based Immigration With New Proposal