March 16: Your Health Connection Observes Colon Cancer Month
March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. And, with advances in treatment and diagnostics, more people than ever are being screened and treated before this illness becomes fatal. We'll talk about it on Jazz 91.9 WCLK, Wednesday, March 16 at 6:00 p.m. on Your Health Connection with JaQuitta Williams. JaQuitta will take your calls and questions live at (404) 880 - 9255 and will be joined by: Dr. Clarence Clark III, MD, FACS, Chief of Colon and Rectal Surgery at Morehouse School of Medicine; and, Colon Cancer Survivor, Burnell Paul.
Be proactive, get screened for colon cancer, and join us Wednesday, March16 at 6:00 p.m. on 91.9 WCLK. Your Health Connection is community engagement from the Center for Cancer Research and Therapeutic Development at Clark Atlanta University.
Dr. Kimberly Davis at CCRTD passes along these useful recent links regarding advances in colon cancer prevention, treatment and diagnoses:
- Link between obesity, increased risk of colorectal cancer revealed
- Biomarker predicts likely chemo result for stage 2 colon cancer patients
- Dried Plums May Reduce Colon Cancer Risk
- Daily coffee could improve survival for colon cancer patients
- Colorectal cancer more likely to affect minorities at younger age
- Research calls for stricter screening recommendations for family history of colon cancer
For more information about CCRTD and their good work, click here.