February 21: Your Health Connection Discusses HPV, Cancer Vaccine
Join Host Paula Gwynn Grant Wednesday, February 21 at 6:00 p.m. for the February edition of Your Health Connection on Jazz 91.9 WCLK. This month we're talking about the Human Papilloma Virus, or HPV. This insidious, sexually transmitted virus often doesn't have symptoms and can lead to cervical and other cancers, but it’s also preventable with a vaccination. A vaccine for cancer? We’ll talk about it with experts and take your calls live at (404) 880 - 9255.
Your Health Connection is community engagement from CCRTD, the Center for Cancer Research and Therapeutic Development at Clark Atlanta University. Dr. Kimberly Davis with CCRTD provides these important links with regards to current HPV issues:
- HPV and cancer: Key mechanism may suggest treatment
- HPV: How physicians recommend vaccine influences parents' choices
- HPV rates fallen sharply in young women since vaccine introduced
- Precancerous cervical lesions 'reduced by HPV vaccine'
- HPV vaccination may benefit boys as well as girls