British Guitarist Chris Standring's Smooth Jazz stylings have made him a huge hit on the charts and a regular on Atlanta's Jazz Station 91.9 WCLK. We've played his records from the beginning, and the Los Angeles-based artist usually drops by the station to say hello when he's playing in Atlanta. You can currently hear Static In the Attic on WCLK. It's from Standring's latest release Sunlight , out on Ultimate Vibe Recordings.
WCLK's The Local Take With Kiplyn Primus
Saturday morning at 8am on WCLK's The Local Take I'll talk with Pearl Cleage about her career and her latest honor from PNC Bank. Cleage first came to my knowledge after I attended a late-night reading during the 1988 National Black Arts Festival. I reminded her of this event and we were both blushing as we discussed her erotic poetry that was presented that night. We discuss her work across multiple genres including fiction, non-fiction, the theatre and poetry. Born in Detroit, Atlanta has...
Latest News From NPR
- How Ludwig Göransson Helped Orchestrate America's Conversation On Race In 2018
- The 2019 Oscars' Best Original Song Nominees, Cruelly Ranked
- Antitrust 3: Big Tech
- Trump Nominates Kelly Craft, Ambassador To Canada, For U.N. Post
- Unsung Economists #1: Sadie Alexander
- California Couple, Parents Of 13, Plead Guilty To Abuse, Torture, Imprisonment
- Microsoft Workers Protest Army Contract With Tech 'Designed To Help People Kill'
- Botswana Weighs Lifting Hunting Ban, With Eye On Reducing Elephant Population
- Nigerians To Vote In Elections Saturday, After A Week-Long Delay
- Thousands Gather Along The Border In Standoff Between Colombia And Venezuela